Christ Church Ridley Park Youth Group is a safe and inclusive space for all youth in 7th-12th grade to gather and grow in a Christ- centered environment. We are called into fellowship with our peers to have fruitful and challenging conversation. We are called into action to do justice and serve our church, neighbors, and greater community. We are called to share in God’s abundant life with laughter and sharing meals.
CRP Youth Ministry is a safe space for all persons, no matter their race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, economic status, immigration status, or previous engagements in church life. We welcome you, God loves you!
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is our Youth Group covenant, written by the youth themselves in 2017:
The Youth Ministry Statement of Christ Church
- Youth ministry at Christ Church is an accepting and open environment of young people where people can be themselves and learn about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in a fun way.
- Youth ministry includes youth (grades 7-12) and volunteer adults who are encouraged to invite outside members of God’s family.
- As youth, we try to go to church every week, talk with God, and let God guide our thoughts and actions.
- Our culture of youth ministry at Christ Church is very open, welcoming, and is growing in its ability to follow through and attract new people.
- Our goals for this ministry are…
- To become friends with each other,
- To learn about God in new and creative ways,
- To learn about ourselves,
- To learn about the world and all of God’s children, and
- To make us proud to say we regularly attend church.
- This matters to us because…
- God is good,
- Youth ministry helps us to be ourselves,
- We can learn the variety of Christian beliefs and theology, and
- It gives us a voice in the church.
- Our favorite thing about youth group include eating together, being able to be ourselves, and making new friends.
- We promise to participate as much as we can, to respect our covenant, and to assist in planning and carrying out major trips and events.
- In the years to come, we want the group to grow in commitment and size, have established traditions, and to be a group that children look forward to joining as they age into it.