Before a funeral the family of a loved one will meet one of the clergy to plan the service. You are welcome to choose which readings and hymns you would like. Please choose three lessons (one from the Old Testament, one from the New Testament, and a Gospel). Also choose two psalms. There is also a suggested list of hymns you can look at. There are links to both the hymn texts as well as the tune so you can hear what the hymn sounds like.
Please make note of the readings and hymns you would like and bring them to the clergyperson who is planning the service.
Before meeting with the clergy, please also be thinking about the following:
- Who you would like as pallbearers (if casket will be present)
- What memorials you would like designated (if other than Christ Church)
- Any announcements you would like in the bulletin
- Whether you would like someone to offer a eulogy
- A florist for two arrangements on the stands in front of the altar
- Whether you will have a reception after the service
- Whether you will have a visitation in the Deppich Room before the service
- If the interment is to take place in the memorial garden of Christ Church you will need to purchase a vault, unless you have already done so. Please call the office for arrangements.